The Benbrook Water Authority is an independent water district created by the Texas legislature in 1955 for the sole purpose of providing the people of Benbrook, Texas with water and sanitary sewer service. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Benbrook Water Authority
1121 Mercedes Street
Benbrook, Texas 76126

Office: (817) 249-1250
Fax: (817) 249- 6965

M-Th 8-6, Fri 8-5


  • BWA Energy Usage for Calendar Year 2017

    The Benbrook Water Authority purchases electricity from GEXA Energy. In calendar year 2017, BWA purchased a total of 3,620,540 kilowatt hours. The total cost of electricity purchased by BWA in the calendar year is $418,874.

  • Board of Directors Meeting Time Changes

    At its meeting on September 19, the BWA  Board of Directors voted to change their regular meeting times from 5:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Regular meetings will continue to be held on the first and third Tuesday of each month.

  • Sprinkler System Evaluation Program for Benbrook Residents

    BWA has partnered with Tarrant Regional Water District to provide free sprinkler system evaluations to residential customers.  Click here  for more information.

  • 2016 Water Quality Report Available

    BWA continues to provide residents with a safe and reliable supply of high quality drinking water. The water that is delivered to your tap meets or exceeds all state and federal water quality standards. The BWA Water Quality Report for 2016 can viewed here.



  • Republic Services assigns Customer Service Representative to Respond to Benbrook Trash Calls

    The City of Benbrook’s waste hauler, Allied Waste/Republic Services, has assigned a customer service representative to field all calls from Benbrook customers regarding trash/recycling/brush & bulk, and yellow bag collection. Read more